Griffolyn® Type-55 is a 3-ply laminate combining two layers of linear low density polyethylene and a high-strength cord grid. It is specifically engineered to provide high strength and durability in a lightweight material.
- Multiple layers and cord reinforcement resists tears.
- UV stabilization protects the material from degradation during extended exposure to sunlight.
- Cold-crack resistance eliminates failures in extremely cold temperatures.
- Low permeability greatly inhibits moisture transmission.
- Flexibility and light weight allow for easy handling and quick installation.
- Custom fabrication is available to meet your exact specifications.
- High durability allows for significant savings through reuse and fewer replacements.
- Pallet, drum and other custom covers for outside storage.
- Floor covers, dust partitions and cleanroom enclosures.
- Temporary walls, plant dividers, building enclosures and containment tents.
- Shipping container covers and liners.
- Custom bags and tubing.
- Architectural vapor retarder for underslab, walls, ceilings and in roofing systems.
Physical Properties And Typical Values:
|Property||Astm Test Method||U.S. Value||Metric Value|
|Weight||D-2103||29 LB/1000 Sq.Ft||14.15 KG/100 Sq.Meter|
|3” Load @ Yield||D-882||82 LBF||365 N|
|3” Load @ Break||D-882||31 LBF
|3” Elongation @ Break||D-882||360 %||360 %|
|Tongue Tear||D-2261||15 LBF||67 N|
|Trapezoidal Tear||D-4533||24.5 LBF||109 N|
|PPT Resistance||D-2582||25 LBF||111 N|
|Dart Impact Strength||D-1709 - A||1.4 LBF||636 g|
|Cold Impact Strength||D-1790||-20°F||-28.9°C|
|Permeance||E-96||0.059 Grains/Hr•Sq.Ft•in.Hg||3.39 NG/(PA•S•Sq.M)|
- AVAILABLE COLOURS:
- Rolls are available from 4’ x 100’ to 40’ x 100’ in increments of 4’ widths. Some sizes available for immediate shipment.
- Standard length and width tolerances are ± 1% (minimum 2”)
- Custom sizes up to 100’ x 200’ and custom fabrication are available to meet your exact specifications.
Usable Temperature Range:
Minimum: -35°F -37°C
Maximum: 170°F 77°C
Under normal continuous exposure the average life expectancy ranges from 12 to 24 months, depending on color.